Saturday, August 25, 2012

Race Day 6 - Boulder finish

Howdy from the bottom of Flagstaff. We are about 3 blocks from University of Colorado, the greatest University in the world - where my kids both go. In fact I just had a vist at the RV from my son, which was great of course. I took a picture of him in the RV which I can't share here...

We left a very windy Colorado Springs this morning for the commute to the start in Golden. Lots of crowds in town, and it was fun to drive the closed rode from Golden to Boulder, honking at the crowds and throwing them a few used water bottles. My apologies to the State Trooper who tried to flag me to a stop at a red light a little too late. I am sure I will hear about it later.



Skies are finally clear, and the boys look sharp. I am sitting in the RV in the Team zone, waiting for Bernard who will come through here after he does the Feed in Nederland, then head up the hill. We can't take the buses or trucks up there due to the limited space at the top, which is a bit of a bummer for me as I chill here at the bottom.

Think I will jump on my bike and cruise downtown real quick. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment